We're always looking for passionate, community-driven, #barrestarres to join our team!
See below for current openings.
Job Posting: Barre Instructor
Date Posted: September 7th, 2018
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2018 @ 5pm E.S.T.
*MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR TEACHER TRAINING OCTOBER 12TH - 14TH, 2018.*
Founded in 2012, Barreworks was the first Toronto studio to specialize in ballet barre-based fitness classes. Their technique was developed by a team of local dance and fitness professionals, all dedicated to the creation of a safe, effective, and fun exercise system. Barreworks is a locally owned and operated business, with two studio locations: their flagship at Queen and Bathurst, and their boutique location at Yonge and Eglinton.
Barreworks is seeking to expand their roster of Barre Instructors! Selected candidates will provide safe, fun and effective barre instruction to the Barreworks community. If you have a passion for health and wellness, and the drive to help others reach their goals, this is the job for you!
Module 1: The Barre Certified by Barreworks program. Complete the program and receive an official Barre Certified by Barreworks certificate. Video and written exam required for completion.
Audition: Selected candidates will be invited to audition to teach at Barreworks. Successful candidates will move on to Module 2
Module 2: Syllabus training in 3 class types: Mixed Level, bAAArre & DripBarre. Selected candidates will complete this portion over the course of a 3-month period. Practical exams required per syllabus.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing the Barreworks syllabus at required standard
- Learning and implementing additional notes and sequencing to set Barreworks syllabus, as required
- Placing the safety of Barreworks clients as the utmost importance - providing modifications, corrections, etc. in all classes
- Supporting front desk staff with client sign-in and customer service
- Creating playlists for classes and updating on a regular basis
- Assisting with substitute teaching, helping out the Barreworks instructor team whenever possible
- Maintaining knowledge of studio offerings, special events, workshops, etc.
- Remaining dedicated to the health, well-being & progress of all Barreworks clients
- Attend all training sessions; missed sessions may be made up at the cost of the participant
- Successfully complete both training modules
- Available to instruct on either Saturday OR Sunday
- Available to instruct at both studio locations
- Active CPR and First Aid, prior to first class taught
- Note: background in dance, movement or fitness is highly recommended, though not mandatory.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in applying should forward their résumé, cover letter and headshot to:
Joanna Eisen: email@example.com
Please ensure subject heading is: Job Posting – Barre Instructor
Barreworks is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principles of equity and diversity in employment. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.