We're always looking for passionate, community-driven, #barrestarres to join our team!
See below for current openings.
Job Posting: Barre Instructor
Date Posted: April 11th 2017
Application Deadline: May 3rd 2017
Auditions: May 6th & May 15th 2017
Training Start Date: June 1st 2017
Founded in 2012, Barreworks was the first Toronto studio to specialize in ballet barre-based fitness classes. Their technique was developed by a team of local dance and fitness professionals, all dedicated to the creation of a safe, effective, and fun exercise system. Barreworks is a locally owned and operated business, with two studio locations: their flagship at Queen and Bathurst, and their boutique location at Yonge and Eglinton.
You can learn more about Barreworks by visiting their website: www.barreworks.ca
Barreworks is seeking to expand their roster of Barre Instructors! Selected candidates will provide safe, fun and effective barre instruction to the Barreworks community. If you have a passion for health and wellness, and the drive to help others reach their goals, this is the job for you!
This position requires two modules of training:
Module 1: The Barre Certified by Barreworks program. Selected candidates will complete the program internally and receive an official Barre Certified by Barreworks certificate. Audition and written exam required for completion.
Module 2: Syllabus training in 3 class types: Mixed Level, bAAArre & DripBarre. Selected candidates will complete this portion over the course of a 3-month period. Practical exams required per syllabus.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing the Barreworks syllabus at required standard
- Learning and implementing additional notes and sequencing to set Barreworks syllabus, as required
- Placing the safety of Barreworks clients as the utmost importance - providing modifications, corrections, etc. in all classes
- Supporting front desk staff with client sign-in and customer service
- Creating playlists for classes and updating on a regular basis
- Assisting with substitute teaching, helping out the Barreworks instructor team whenever possible
- Maintaining knowledge of studio offerings, special events, workshops, etc.
- Remaining dedicated to the health, well-being & progress of all Barreworks clients
- Attend all training sessions; missed sessions may be made up at the cost of the participant
- Successfully complete both training modules
- Available to instruct on either Saturday OR Sunday
- Available to instruct at both studio locations
- Active CPR and First Aid, prior to first class taught
- Note: background in dance, movement or fitness is highly recommended, though not mandatory.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in applying should forward their résumé, cover letter and headshot to:
Joanna Eisen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure subject heading is: Job Posting – Barre Instructor
Barreworks is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principles of equity and diversity in employment. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications – Wednesday, May 3rd 11:59pm EST
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.