We're always looking for passionate, community-driven, #barrestarres to join our team!
See below for current openings.
Job Posting: Assistant Manager
Date Posted: April 25, 2019
Application Deadline: May 5, 2019 at 11:59PM E.S.T.
Commitment: 20-30 hours / week
Salary: $18/hr starting rate
Founded in 2012, Barreworks was the first Toronto studio to specialize in ballet barre-based fitness classes. Their technique was developed by a team of local dance and fitness professionals, all dedicated to the creation of a safe, effective, and fun exercise system. Barreworks is a locally owned and operated business, with two studio locations: their flagship at Queen and Bathurst, and their boutique location at Yonge and Eglinton.
Barreworks is seeking an Assistant Manager. The position will begin mid-May, with a three month probationary period from the date of hire. This individual is expected to be a team-player with strong organizational skills and a passion for health and wellness.
1. Overall Duties
- Leading and creating a positive and welcoming work culture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, applicable for both internal and external client communications
- Looking out for and balancing both the client and business needs, awareness of fitness and business industry
- As we are a small staff, there are many tasks that are either joint or interchangeable regardless of role. This could include instagram contributions, instructor managing, studio maintenance, inventory/ordering, etc. Willingness to share and support each other is integral
- Seamlessness between General Manager and Assistant Manager. Aligned in values and judgement calls
- Empower and lead Barreworks to success!
2. Leader of the Desk Team
- Manage scheduling for desk team, assisting with coverage in emergency situations
- Create and send weekly desk notes to staff
- Ability to give and receive feedback from all members equally
- Responsible for hiring and training desk staff members
- Upholds and encourages staff to maintain studio standards
- Leads desk staff meetings
- Responsible for the culture and atmosphere of the team
3. Client Relations
- Rectifying and finding creative solutions for client issues, ensuring the best possible experience for each client
- Genuine care for the clients and aim to build/maintain strong relationships
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and remain professional & solution oriented
- Looking out for ways to surprise/delight/celebrate clients individually
- Leadership in sales
4. Promotions and Programming
- Assist in brainstorming promotions, programming, challenges, and special events
- Implement policies, promotions and programming ensuring desk staff is well informed
- Organizing challenge prizing, and special events which can include relations with community partners
- Constantly looking for ways to be creative in keeping the brand relevant, working to keep the studio innovative and current with industry trends
5. Scheduling and Hours
- Attend weekly management meetings on Tuesdays from 10am-4pm at the Queen St location
- Hours outside of that are self-managed, flexible and fluctuate, ability to go to both locations is integral
- Client or staff issues can arise at any time. All client communication is expected within 24 hours. Hours are based on those needs, you may be required to tend to situations that are pressing
- Shared responsibility with General Manager to tend to emergency situations
- As email is the main communication, a portion of the hours worked can be done off site once probationary period has finished
- On average, you can expect a range of 20-30 hours per week
- Knowledge of social media, fitness industry, and Canva are additional pluses
- The following programs are used regularly within the job. Current knowledge of any of them is an advantage, but training will be provided for those hired: Mindbody, Gmail & Google Drive, Word, Excel, Canva.
- Knowledge of social media and the fitness industry are additional pluses.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in applying must complete the application form HERE by May 5, 2019.
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com.
Barreworks is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principles of equity and diversity in employment. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.