If you’re a regular client at Yonge St, you’ll definitely recognize this #BarreStarre! From the front desk to the barre, this beauty adds her positive & vibrant signature on everything she does. We are SO excited to add Ali to our strong team of Barreworks instructors! Get to know Ali & try one of her classes today!
Top Faves Pop Quiz!
- Pre-Work Out Food: Coffee & an egg, done any way! Hearty, healthy, light and packed with nutrients
- Apres-Work Out Food: Usually a salad or some sort of grain bowl full of protein & veg or a shake if I’m on the run
- Fave Dessert: Carrot cake or pumpkin bread!
- Fave Workout Gear: lululemon & Nike
- 3 Fave Ways to SWEAT: dance, barre, circuit & strength training! I love sweating.
- Fave Restaurants in Toronto: Almond Butterfly, Lola’s Kitchen & Harvest Kitchen
- Next Travel Destination: definitely Hawaii, but my favourite places I’ve travelled to are Seville, Spain & Germany
- Fave Way to Relax: curled up on the couch with a blanket, coffee, a good book or something that I’m into on TV
- Currently Netflix Binge-Watching: I am currently loving the Netflix series of Stranger Things, but my all time favourites are Friends & Law and Order.
What made you decided you wanted to become a Barreworks instructor & what made you fall in love with the Barreworks method? I decided I wanted to be a Barreworks instructor after taking my first class. I was hooked! Being a Bachelor of Fine Arts graduate in Performance Dance from Ryerson University & a Certified Personal Trainer, I couldn’t have imagined fusing my two favourite worlds together, better. I love the Barreworks method because of the focus on alignment, working each muscle group evenly & being able to work at your [own level of] intensity so it’s available to every body, & everybody.
What do you love most about teaching? What I love most is seeing clients do what they think couldn’t do or progressively seeing clients get stronger & celebrating that!
What keeps you motivated/feeling positive on days when your body feels tired/your energy is low? Coffee always keeps me motivated on days when my energy is feeling low. But so does working out. Sometimes the hardest part is getting there whether it be the gym or the studio, but the feeling when I’m done a good workout is always worth it. I never leave a workout thinking “I wish didn’t go today”.
How do you want your clients to feel when they leave your classes? How do you help them achieve that? I want my clients to feel accomplished, strong and of course, sweaty. We achieve this through hard work, persevering through the “shake” of those working muscles & great tunes to accompany our moves.
What would you say is your greatest strength as an instructor/how will this positively impact your clients? My greatest strength as an instructor is my passion. I love everything about Barreworks & teaching! I also especially love our clientele. I’ve had the chance to make some really wonderful relationships [while working at the front desk]. It’s great being able to connect with clients on a deeper level & take that into the studio.
What were your favourite moments/elements of the Barre Certification training & why? My favourite moments of the Barre Certified training [include] getting to work so closely with the most knowledgeable trainers, having the ability to practice, make mistakes & fix them in such safe space. Lastly, the intensity – I’ve always loved working hard, training hard & achieving hard.
What would you say to people trying Barreworks for the first time? To anyone trying Barreworks for the first time, I would say listen to your body, embrace the shake of those muscles as they sculpt & get stronger, leaner, longer. Have fun & go for it!