Barreworks is proud to support a variety of organizations & charities working hard to create positive change in our community. One of our favourite ways to give back, is through our Raise the Barre Charity Classes. These classes are just $10, with 50% of all proceeds going directly to our charity of the month.
Join us in sweating it out for a good cause!
For April 2017, we've partnered with Outside Looking In – a high school accredited dance program, dedicated to providing opportunity to Indigenous youth and their communities.
How Outside Looking In [OLI] raises the barre: this incredible organization was founded on the principles of giving Indigenous youth a reason to come to school each day; to show themselves that they are capable of whatever they put their mind to. As mentioned above, OLI offers a high school accredited dance program with some of the industry's top dance choreographers and instructors. Should youth fulfill the academic and attendance requirements of the program, they get the opportunity to join other Indigenous youth from across Canada for two weeks in Toronto, preparing for an ultimate performance on stage to show off their talents and abilities before hundreds at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts!
Their programming has an incredibly positive impact, noticeably focusing on the development of transferable life skills, such as:
- Time Management – when agreeing to the attendance policies in school classes and rehearsals;
- Accountability – when taking full responsibility for their actions in the program
- Responsibility – when committing themselves to other peers in a group environment
- Dedication – when learning to put forth their best efforts day in and day outin all aspects of the OLI program
- Perseverance – when working through the daily ups and downs of life, learning how to overcome challenges, while still being able tomanage time and be accountable, responsible, and dedicated
Help us support Outside Looking In by attending one of our Raise the Barre Charity Classes, this April 2017!
Sign-up for class today!
Sunday, April 23rd 2017 @ 1:00pm
See you at the barre!
xo Team Barreworks
*Note: if you take a Raise the Barre charity class as your first class, you are still eligible for our New Client specials – see desk staff for details!